The Commercial Sales Consultant is responsible for building the Pella brand within the commercial industry as their premier choice for window and door solutions. Achieve individual sales goals through a confident presentation of unique perspectives on how their customers can grow their business using Pella product offerings. Provide profitable market solutions, technical expertise, and partnership by understanding customer needs and developing business-partner relationships with architects, builders, contractors, and commercial organizations. Proactively originates new customer relationships through networking, referrals and face-to-face meetings. Help customers grow their business and offer a single point of contact for their ongoing needs. Continually strives for 100% “Very Satisfied” customers, growth as measured by market share/net sales and profitability.
The Commercial Sales Consultant’s (CSC) primary duty is outside sales within their assigned market. The CSC is required to:
- Spend over 50% of their time developing new business through prospecting activities, as well as generating account growth with planned quality meetings
- Independently sets their own work hours, including evenings as necessitated by project.
- Prospecting and securing new business towards achieving individual sales and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Generating growth within existing accounts by creating trust and developing long standing partnerships that promote the Pella brand.
- Actively network and represent Pella at architecture/design firms, professional groups’ invitations, commercial association meetings and/or builder home shows to discuss and/or position Pella products for specification in building plans.
- Engaging in a consultative sales approach to recommend the fenestration solutions that influences the buying needs of the customer.
- Leveraging other Pella team members/departments to assist with specific product requirements.
- Ensuring quotes and orders are accurate and in accordance with company process.
- Responding to customer concerns and coordinating resources to resolve issues while striving for first-time resolution.
- Maintaining an exceptional level of expertise on products/services relating to Pella’s customers while staying abreast of the competitive landscape and commercial building codes.
- Educating customers on manufacturer installation guidelines and measuring of openings to ensure accuracy of product ordering and applications.
- Thanking clients and encourage a continuing business partnership by acting as their central point of contact with Pella.
- Collaborating with Operations teams to ensure successful after sale service requirements and installations.
- Interacting with Account Receivable department to address any potential billing/payment issues.
- Strong CRM systems tools capabilities leveraged to manage all customer interactions and proactively communicate with customers.
Proven success in securing and managing strategic, more complex sales projects
Able to negotiate, build value and address objections towards closing a sale
Build trust and reliability with customers that contribute to developing long standing partnerships and generating referrals
Energized by meeting and engaging new people; skilled at networking and relating to a variety of customers
Focused on details and follow through; able to manage a lengthy sales cycle and provide superb customer service throughout
Work collaboratively with various cross-functional departments within the organization, as well as navigating through the dynamics between builders, architects, sub-trades and owners.
Tenacious, able to persevere through sales challenges and setbacks
Excellent influencer – able to shift paradigms and convey the value proposition
Enjoys working in fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency
Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible about hours and responsiveness to customer needs
Able to accurately read, interpret and take-off blueprints and engineering drawings
Adaptable to changing processes and priorities
Works well without close supervision but always keeps their manager informed
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and smart devices, and ability to learn internal software programs and applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university; or two to four years related experience, including commercial sales and technical product expertise, or equivalent combination of education and experience/expertise. Individual’s motor vehicle record must also comply with company requirements. Must have the ability to manage multiple-tasks in an environment of constant interruptions and be able to prioritize responsibilities.
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to read and analyze documents related to contracts and work documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to verbally present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, and the general public.
Must present a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customer and visitors.
Ability to solve practical and arithmetic problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive an automobile, stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment varies between low to moderate in administrative offices and to moderate on constructions sites.
The vast majority of travel will be local. Must be able to drive to showrooms, job sites and customer/contractor locations and required company functions at various locations.