Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Baltimore home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Baltimore, give them a call at 301-637-0762 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.