Winter weather is just around the corner in Baltimore and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Baltimore winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella MidAtlantic experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Baltimore.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Baltimore a call at 301-637-0762 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.