Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 301-637-0762, visit our Baltimore showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.