Fall is just around the corner in Baltimore, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Baltimore a call at 301-637-0762 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!